Added by Jon Mattrisch
Experience a beautiful Milwaukee sunrise from the abandoned concrete piers at Sheridan Park along the shores of Lake Michigan.
Sheridan Park is home to one of the most beautiful, stunning and scenic sunrises in Wisconsin. Located about 10 minutes south of downtown Milwaukee, this location is accessible by hiking about 10 minutes from your parking location. Follow the winding path down to the beach and you'll find abandoned concrete piers that stretch out nearly 100 ft into Lake Michigan. Bring a blanket and coffee with you and relax as the warmth of the sun radiates as it crests the horizon. Bring along your camera as your are sure to get some stunning sunrise shots.
- Arrive about 30 minutes before the actual sunrise time; check your weather app for the estimated time
- Camera and tripod (if you wish to take some long exposure shots)
- Blanket and pillows to sit on
- Coffee and food - it's a great picnic or breakfast spot
- Sandals or flip flops for walking along the beach
- Jacket or pullover as it's cooler in the morning
ReviewsLeave a Review
Have you done this adventure? Have something to add? You could be the first to leave a review!
More Adventures Nearby
Take a Stroll around the Lagoon at Wilson Park
Wisconsin / Wilson Park Parking Lot
Whether your looking to relax or are going for a run, Wilson Park is a perfect place for whatever recreation you desire.
Photograph Jones' Island
Wisconsin / Jones' Island Parking
Urban explorers, meet your new favorite spot.