Climb Three Corner Rock
Washington › Three Corner Rock Trailhead
Added by Dan Moe
- Short, easy hike to the site of a former fire lookout
- Offers views of Washington volcanoes, the high peaks of the Columbia River Gorge and, Oregon's Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson.
- Wildflowers in summer
- Followed by Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers
- A quick walk through a forest leading to open views makes this a great place to watch the sunset
- ~4.5 miles roundtrip
Begin the short hike to Three Corner Rock by heading south on the Pacific Crest Trail from its crossing of Road CG 2090. After a steady 1.5 mile climb of roughly 600 feet, look for a large fallen sign marking the junction to Three Corner Rock. Shortly after, another older sign invites Pacific Crest Trail hikers to a reliable spring and the trail ends at a jeep road. Take a right and climb the remainder of the road to Three Corner Rock. Return the way you came.
- A friend to snap your photo on top!
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
Backpacking, Camping, Chillin, Fitness, Hiking, Photography, Running
Spring, Summer, Autumn
Are we missing something?Suggest an edit
More Adventures Nearby
Hike to Green Mountain
Washington / Green Mountain Trailhead, WA
After the long drive down FR 26, turn onto FR 2680. 6 miles down the road, you'll see what slightly resembles a trail to your left.
Snowshoe Kendall Peak Lakes
Washington / Kendall Peak Lakes
This hike starts at the Gold Creek sno-park. You need the sno-park and discover pass for this. Park on the side of the road and start hiking up from there.