Climb Three Corner Rock
Washington › Three Corner Rock Trailhead
Added by Dan Moe
- Short, easy hike to the site of a former fire lookout
- Offers views of Washington volcanoes, the high peaks of the Columbia River Gorge and, Oregon's Mt. Hood and Mt. Jefferson.
- Wildflowers in summer
- Followed by Pacific Crest Trail thru-hikers
- A quick walk through a forest leading to open views makes this a great place to watch the sunset
- ~4.5 miles roundtrip
Begin the short hike to Three Corner Rock by heading south on the Pacific Crest Trail from its crossing of Road CG 2090. After a steady 1.5 mile climb of roughly 600 feet, look for a large fallen sign marking the junction to Three Corner Rock. Shortly after, another older sign invites Pacific Crest Trail hikers to a reliable spring and the trail ends at a jeep road. Take a right and climb the remainder of the road to Three Corner Rock. Return the way you came.
- A friend to snap your photo on top!
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
Backpacking, Camping, Chillin, Fitness, Hiking, Photography, Running
Spring, Summer, Autumn
Are we missing something?Suggest an edit
More Adventures Nearby
Hike Mount Catherine
Washington / Mount Catherine Trailhead
Start off on the extremely rough Forest Service 9070 road. Follow this for just over 4 miles until you see a sign for trail #1348 on the right.
Hike to Gem Lake
Washington / Snow Lake Trailhead
The trail to Gem Lake lies along the same trail that passes by the incredibly popular Snow Lake.