Added by Payton Bartlett
Drive one of the most scenic roads in all of America.
A seven mile drive that offers views that are unbelievable. There are twelve stops along the way that correspond with an interpretive guide that is found at the beginning of the drive. The drive takes you through multiple landscapes.
The points of interest are as follows:
1. Covered Bridge
2. Glen Lake Overlook
3. Dune Overlook
4. Cottonwood Trail
5. Dune Ecology (Educational Station)
6. Leaving the Sand Dunes (Educational Station)
7. Beech Maple Forest (Educational Station)
8. Changes Over Time (Educational Station)
9. Lake Michigan Overlook*
10. Sleeping Bear Dune Overlook (Shares a parking lot with #9)
11. North Bar Lake Overlook
12. Pine Plantation (Educational Station)
* There is a 450' dune that leads down to Lake Michigan. If you go down it will take approximately a hour and a half to get back up.
The educational stations do not all offer great views but do a great job of giving information about the ecosystems and etc.
The weather in the summer is extremely hot so make sure to bring water, a hat, and sunglasses.
****A park permit will be required to go on this drive.
ReviewsLeave a Review
Have you done this adventure? Have something to add? You could be the first to leave a review!
More Adventures Nearby
Snowshoe at Boyne Mountain
Michigan / Cross Country Center at Boyne Mountain
The trailhead for the snowshoe trail is located across the street from the Boyne Cross Country Ski center parking lot.
Hike Hogback Mountain
Michigan / Wetmore Pond Parking Area
The trailhead for Hogback Mountain sits 5 miles North of Marquette, Mi on County Road 550.