Added by Emily Haggar
- Hike through a deep, snow cupped snow tunnel
- Experience Whistler mountain in its' less famous season, and be wowed by what spring, summer and fall have to offer
- Access tons of great hiking trails in summer/fall and some snowshoe routes in late spring
Whistler Mountain is a world class ski destination in winter and a biking paradise in summer, but if you happen to be here in spring or fall, there's a whole other world of magic to enjoy. The access road is cut with machinery in early spring once the mountain has closed for the ski season, and as the sun hits the deep walls, an incredible landscape is formed in sun cups.
There's some great snowshoeing up here in spring as the warm temperatures make the trip to Flute or Musical Bumps a spectacular adventure. With touring skis, you can explore the surrounding area even further.
For a human powered adventure, access to the mountain is via the Singing Pass trailhead, or alternatively you can purchase a lift ticket for a quick trip up.
Round out your day with Apres at one of the dozens of Whistler patios. Garibaldi Lift Co. Bar&Grill is my personal pick for the best view of the bike park or ski hill depending on the season, great people and great food.
- Warm clothes (it's usually much colder in the alpine than the valley during spring and fall)
- Food, water and backcountry gear for longer outings
- Hiking boots or snowshoe/touring gear
- Lift ticket or get an early start for Singing Pass access
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
Chillin, Hiking, Photography, Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing
Are we missing something?Suggest an edit
ReviewsLeave a Review
Have you done this adventure? Have something to add? You could be the first to leave a review!
More Adventures Nearby
Catch the Salmon Run on Vancouver Island
Canada / Stamp River Falls Parking Lot
There are many places to see the Salmon making their yearly return to spawning sites. This year while living on Vancouver Island I could not pass on the chance to marvel at this amazing sight.
Hike to Bragg Creek Ice Cave
Canada / Canyon Creek Trail
Also known as Moose Mountain Ice Cave, Canyon Creek Ice Cave and Ing Mine. The cave is located on the west side of Moose Ridge andhas a huge entrance, it is approximately1,600 ft. in depth.