Park Day at Beacon Hill Park
Canada › Beacon Hill Park
Added by Sarah Seads
There are endless micro adventures awaiting you in Beacon Hill Park!
Beacon Hill Park is the jewel of Victoria's crown. Spanning 200 acres and connecting Downtown to the ocean alongside Dallas Road, Beacon Hill Park is one of the highlights of visiting the Capitol city on Vancouver Islands southern tip. Every corner of the park features unique flora, fauna and pieces of history that will keep all ages entertained for hours on end. Here are 14 free micro adventure ideas to get you started!
- Smell the flowers. Daffodils, tulips, roses and miles of manicured gardens are found all throughout the park.
- Feed the ducks. Mallards and geese mix and mingle in the many duck ponds.
- Visit the Moss Lady. Reclining in the forest, you'll have to seek to find her...
- Run through the fields on Beacon Hill! Or toboggan down the little hill in a rare winter snowfall!
- Fly a kite in the off shore breeze. Or watch the kite surfers fly!
- Throw a frisbee with your Dad!
- Take your putter to the putting green on ring road.
- Visit the baby goats in spring at the Beacon Hill petting zoo. So cute!
- Make a wish with a coin in the wishing pond by the playground.
- Look waaaay up...and see who is living in the tree tops above. Blue herons, squirrels and magnificent peacocks roam wild all over the park!
- Beach comb for smooth broken glass and other treasures near Clover Point.
- Stroll the Dallas Road walkway with a coffee and a good friend.
- Watch (or play) soccer or baseball or even cricket in one of the many sports fields.
- Grab a soft cone at the Beacon Drive In on a hot day.
- Walking shoes
- Bike (optional)
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
Chillin, Cycling, Fitness, Hiking, Photography, Running
Are we missing something?Suggest an edit
ReviewsLeave a Review
More Adventures Nearby
Hike through McGillivray Canyon
Canada / Mcgillivray Slabs Trailhead
Between Pigeon Mountain and Mount McGilliveray, pull off the road and slow down until you see a little dirt road turn off to the large parking area.
Hike the Wild Pacific Trail
Canada / Wild Pacific Trail
Drive south west on Coast Guard drive to the parking lot for the wild coast trail to your left (where the pin is). Park in the parking lot, and head to the trailhead where the big sign board is.