Added by Izabella Glinska
- Amazing walk-in campground with a total of 35 waterfall view sites for a small fee of $17.60
- Panoramic sub-alpine vistas with little effort
- Unlimited wood for Bond fires for a small fee of $8.80 (unless fire bans are in place)
- Third highest waterfall in Canada
- Easy access to day hiking
- Dog friendly
Takakkaw is the third highest waterfall in Canada. Mountain vistas, rushing glacial fed rivers, and waterfalls galore make Yoho a prime destination. This is the nicest drive-to campground around, and with little effort you have a semi-backcountry experience that is accessible to everyone.
Take the paved but steep Yoho Valley Road for 13km (8 miles) up the mountain. Note this road is closed in the winter. Drive to the end of the road and park at the campground.
You can use the wheelbarrows provided to haul your gear less that 400 meters (0.2 miles) to the campground. Arrive early for prime waterfall viewing sites. The sunsets on the waterfall and the colors here are spectacular.
- National parks entry pass
- Fire permit (if you want to have a fire and unlimited wood for $8)
- Camping permit (self serve, bring cash)
- Camping equipment
- Daypack for other exploring
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
ReviewsLeave a Review
Have you done this adventure? Have something to add? You could be the first to leave a review!
More Adventures Nearby
Catch the Salmon Run on Vancouver Island
Canada / Stamp River Falls Parking Lot
There are many places to see the Salmon making their yearly return to spawning sites. This year while living on Vancouver Island I could not pass on the chance to marvel at this amazing sight.
Hike to Bragg Creek Ice Cave
Canada / Canyon Creek Trail
Also known as Moose Mountain Ice Cave, Canyon Creek Ice Cave and Ing Mine. The cave is located on the west side of Moose Ridge andhas a huge entrance, it is approximately1,600 ft. in depth.