Summit Views on Table Rock Mountain
North Carolina › Table Rock Summit Trail
Added by Eagles Nest Outfitters (ENO)
- Table Rock Mountain's characteristic summit can easily be spotted from the foothills of Western North Carolina
- Come here for the serenity at the top
- This mountain is a popular rock climbing haven and boasts some of the best climbing in the South East with its epic views
- A great spot to camp, waking up to this panorama is a majestic way to start the day!
- The summit is fun and easy to explore with only a 2.2 mile round trip hike
- Plus, did we mention that there's hammocking trees sprouting off the top, offering the best seat in the house?!
Off of Highway 181, the trailhead is very clearly marked with a large parking lot. Although the trail is fairly short, make sure you have your footing, because the trail does switch back and forth in addition to gaining elevation -- it's pretty steep in some places! It's all worth it when you get to the 3,930' peak. The top is roomy, so find a spot, get comfortable, and day dream within these lush and ancient vistas.
If you want to get a camping permit, head to the Grandfather Ranger District at 109 East Lawing Dr. Nebo, NC 28761.
P.S. It's open April-December (the road is closed January-March)
- ENO OneLink Shelter System (hammock, straps, bugnet, and rain fly)
- Lightweight stove
- Your favorite hoodie (it gets chilly up there at night!)
- Camping permit if you're camping on a weekend
- Hot tea--trust us, it pairs perfectly with these sensuous views
Please respect the places you find on The Outbound.
Always practice Leave No Trace ethics on your adventures. Be aware of local regulations and don't damage these amazing places for the sake of a photograph. Learn More
Camping, Chillin, Hiking, Photography, Rock Climbing
Spring, Summer, Autumn
Are we missing something?Suggest an edit
ReviewsLeave a Review
More Adventures Nearby
Hike the Profile Trail at Grandfather Mountain
North Carolina / Grandfather Mountain Profile Trailhead
If you're looking for a challenge and hoping to escape the crowds at Grandfather Mountain, this is the hike for you.
Hike Deep Gap Trail at Mt. Mitchell State Park
North Carolina / Deep Gap Trailhead, Mount Mitchell State Park
I personally find this trail to be more difficult and have more rewarding views than the Mt. Mitchell summit trail.