Work for Winter Park Resort
Summer Operations Crew Member
Winter Park Resort
Winter Park, Colorado
To operate summer lifts and provide proper, efficient, and courteous loading and unloading of our guests and/or mountain bikes. To inspect, record, and report the condition of lift machinery. The Summer Crew member is also responsible for safely operating the Alpine Slide and all base activities and providing excellent guest service to summer visitors of Winter Park Resort.
- Actively direct proper, efficient, and safe loading and unloading of guests and/or mountain bikes on various operating lifts. This is accomplished through communication, awareness, and decision making.
- Execute the daily pre-operational inspection of lift machinery in order to accurately complete a legal lift log document. Report any irregularities to lift maintenance. Turn in lift daily report at end of day.
- Foster excellent guest relations and ensure return visits through positive interaction each time they load and unload the lift.
- Knowledgably and efficiently administer emergency procedures such as lift breakdown, evacuation, fire, lightning, and accident reporting.
- Monitor and assist in weather notification to all summer lift foreman and supervisors
- Recieve proper training and complete checklists and tests for all activities.
- Relay safety instructions for each activity to guests.
- Open the attractions properly and on time.
- Operate and scan tickets at each activity.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude while effectively dealing with the guests and other employees.
- Maintain a clean work environment and report any unsafe conditions.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school education or equivalent. Must successfully complete the lift operations/training session.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to provide excellent guest service
- Must be 18 years of age
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The primary physical environment in which this position works is out of doors with a high exposure level to cold, snow, wind, rain, bugs, sun, high altitude, extreme heights, lightning, etc...
- The degree of strenuous activity within the job is considered to be high. Often lifting a weight of 50 pounds throughout the day is common.
- Additional strenuous physical activity may include walking or hiking upon uneven, challenging terrain with heavy tools or equipment.
- Exposure to: Chemicals required for cleaning, de-greasing, and painting. UV radiation from the sun enhanced through lack of atmospheric filtration at work altitude. Fumes produced in activities ranging from cleaning to painting. Noise generated by lift equipment, and tools may require hearing protection to be worn.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
11 months ago
Winter Park Resortwww.winterparkresort.com/
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Owned by the City and County of Denver, and managed by Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park is part of the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Intrawest’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.