Work for Winter Park Resort
Food & Beverage Wait Staff
Winter Park Resort
Winter Park, Colorado
- This job coordinates the efficient flow of business through the dining room and surrounding areas
- Support members through teamwork and mutual respect
- Bus tables
- Be sure guests have what they need
- Clean up as needed
- Clock in for your shift once appearance requirements are met and in uniform and have all the tool you need to complete your shift.(pens, apron wine key name tag and smile)
- Attend daily staff meeting
- Check with Manger for any special events
- Be sure restaurant is ready to open before seating guests
- Be sure wait stations are well equipped and clean (to opening side work)
- Stock shelves 1-5 to guidelines posted in wait station
- Stock coffee and hot chocolate to guidelines posted in wait station
- Re-fill ice bin
- Stock back-up ice to guidelines posted in wait station
- Stock credit card paper (4)
- 10:30 brew one pot of regular coffee
- brew decaf to order
- cut lemons for iced tea, place in an iced bowls
- Maintain work area, keep it clean and organized
- Perform table maintenance
- Assist in general cleaning of the building
- Check restrooms throughout the day and keep maintained and stocked
- Be sure restaurant is sufficiently stocked with condiments
- Review the shift with MOD
- Greeting and serving guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Giving menu descriptions and using suggestive selling techniques to further sales and enhance guest enjoyment.
- Proper cash handling and cash reconciliation
- Tip reporting (as outlined by state and federal law).
- Proper food and beverage service (specific to style of restaurant).
- Tip out (as designated by management/ specific to restaurant).
- Proper sequence of service (specific to individual restaurant).
- Must be able to complete an accurate menu tour
- Must have solid knowledge of liquor, beer and food menus before allowed to take a tables
This description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required
- TIPS certification (may be obtained after employment)
- Two years FOH experience preferred
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 18 years or older
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Food Service Environment:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and taste or smell.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear and gloves.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equalemployment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.
We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
10 months ago
Winter Park Resortwww.winterparkresort.com/
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Owned by the City and County of Denver, and managed by Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park is part of the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Intrawest’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.