Work for Winter Park Resort
Central Reservations, Call Center Travel Agent Lead
Winter Park Resort
Winter Park, Colorado
The Call Center Travel Agent Lead works in the Travel Department of the Winter Park Call Center. This is a travel agent position that handles the sale, booking, ticketing, quality assurance and processing of Call Center car, air and rail inclusive packages, handles retail travel inquiries and sales and provides support/assistance to the Winter Park Call Center Reservation Sales Agents. Responsibilities include providing personal, responsive, and professional service to all guests in selling all aspects of guests’ reservations in the Winter Park area, with focus on travel products. Provides information, answers questions, handles service issues and assists each guest regarding all aspects of the vacation opportunities in the Winter Park/Fraser area with an eye to closing sales and upselling to the visiting vacationer.
- Book,ticket, process and quality control retail and wholesale guest reservations through, Galileo/Apollo, Inntopia and RTP software systems, for air, rail, lodging, ground transportation and optional inclusions i.e. – travel insurance, lift tickets, ski lessons, ski rentals, and activities – winter and summer.
- Assures compliance with all contractual policies and procedures set forth by the Airline Reporting Corp., airlines, railways, car companies and any other travel operator products sold.
- Verify completed travel confirmations by determining type of fare, validity dates, advance purchase requirement and calculated commission amount.
- Cross check paid fare with alternate pricing options and adjust if necessary to maximize commission revenue.
- Guarantee itineraries are error free before all documentation is forwarded.
- Qualify the call, employ sales techniques to offer benefits and features then close the sale while making the reservation process a service to the guest.
- Research and offer the best possible fares for guests.
- Inform and recap to the guest their reservation particulars - lodging details, dates of travel, rates, and location, deposit and cancellation policies for accuracy and clarification.
- Consistently monitor ticketing queues and Travel Department email boxes, making sure payment is received, seat assignments, schedule changes, car confirmations, authorization forms and service requests are processed and paid for in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the accurate management of changes and cancellations, as they come in, on previously completed travel itineraries and lodging reservations.
- Provide optimal customer/sales agent support service in matters of travel related issues to all sales channels.
- Provide support of Preferred Travel Vendors in their travel bookings through Winter Park Resort Travel Services.
- Maintain contractual update information. Remain educated on industry standards, and personnel changes taking place within the travel industry and Winter Park/Intrawest.
- Update weekly air/rail package pricing presented on the web
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or GED
- At least one year of ticketing on an airline global distribution system (GDS) desirable. Preferably Galileo-Apollo
- GDS reservation formats such as stored fares, exchange transactions desirable
- Familiarity with fare calculation lines, fare basis codes and fare break downs desirable
- Minimum one year in a working travel agency desirable
- Familiarity with Winter Park Vacation products desirable
- Experience working in fast-paced environment desired
- Experience with basic sales techniques, including needs determination, closing sales and upsell
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic computer functionality required
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking, kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its associated lines of business.
12 months ago
Winter Park Resorthttps://www.winterparkresort.com/
Opened in January of 1940, Winter Park Resort is the oldest continuously operating resort in the U.S., and located just 67 miles NW of Denver, is the closest major ski resort to the City. Owned by the City and County of Denver, and managed by Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation, Winter Park is part of the rich history and tradition of Denver mountain parks, and is also one of Intrawest’s premier destination resorts in North America. Winter Park’s traditions are deeply rooted in railroad, logging, and the early exploration of Grand County and the local Fraser Valley. Our mission is to “create the best memories, again and again,” for our guests, our employees, our community, and our strategic partners.