Work for VF Corporation
User Experience (UX) Designer (Digital Lab)
VF is looking for a talented and motivated UX Designer to join our digital team to create, modify and improve the user experience to create compelling and meaningful experiences for our users. Core responsibilities include design, applying ethnographic and usability data, analyzing both stated and emerging requirements, communicating your design decisions to various stakeholders, helping to create and document standards and working in a professional manner within a cross-functional environment to achieve project goals. The ideal candidate is passionate about user experience design and well versed in the evolving space. This highly creative thinker is able to communicate design concepts to partners. A person in this position must be able to work within project deadlines, achieve project goals, and produce compelling designs.
- Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to engage with our brands. Achieve these goals while still fulfilling stated business requirements, project goals, and product vision.
- Uses consumer analytics and design best practice to plan and build site design and layout (including mobile/responsive design)
- Collaborate with business partners to enable the design process encouraging productive dialog and solving problems as they arise
- Builds content to be published into Adobe Content Management System (CMS)
- Comfortable presenting initial design ideas to both internal and external teams
- Ensures that all designs are in-line with company branding policy and other requirements identified for success
- Ability to identify where small design improvements can be made to existing designs as well as build new designs from concept to completion
- Ability to research current design trends and consistent in continuous personal professional development to keep up to date with current and new trends
- BA/BS Degree
- 3-5+ years of professional design experience, including user experience design of web applications and Mobile experience
- Understands relevant legal requirements such as accessibility standards, freedom of information and privacy. This includes both USA and EMEA.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting technologies
- Must possess good writing, presentation, and time management skills
- Must be a solid, professional, team player with a proactive, problem-solving mentality
- Must possess a solid working experience with appropriate design tool
- Web Graphic Design, Web User Interface Design, Adobe design tools
- Customer First mentality
- Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, phones, fax, copier, etc.)
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
- Position is located in Alameda, California
- Some travel may be required – up to 5%
VF Diversity Vision Statement
VF is committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. The continued success and growth of VF is enhanced through initiatives that promote diversity throughout VF around the world.VF is an equal employment opportunity/ affirmative action employer of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. VF is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our VF associates and VF applicants without discrimination on the basis of their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.
Design - Web
11 months ago