Work for Vail Resorts
Village Wagon Attendant - Full Time & Part Time
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position works within our Village Guest Service Operation where we create warm & welcome first impressions to our guests by greeting them in various locations throughout the Village. The Primary focus of this position is the staging and coordination of the Village wagon program. The Village wagon attendant is responsible for the continuous monitoring and movement of wagons to ensure a seamless ingress and egress of our guests.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring adequate staging of wagons at particular locations throughout the day
- Performing maintenance on broken or damaged wagons
- Using and maintaining Load Haulers to safely transport large trains of wagons
- Greet guests and initiate conversation, answer questions that guests may have pertaining to the Village, services of the mountain and local area.
- Directs guests to the appropriate areas including, but not limited to, ticket windows, season pass office, ski and snowboard school, dining options, retail, rentals, restrooms, phones, lost & found, lockers, etc.
- Provides awareness to guests about the responsibility code and mountain etiquette.
- Resolve guest issues verbally in a sincere and timely manner following the company Make the Guest Right program.
- Meet guest, employee, safety, and financial objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- Work to remove all potential frustrations and distractions to the overall enjoyment of the resort. This includes assuming personal responsibility for resort appearance, grey wagons, signage, services, etc. either by taking the initiative to solve the problem, or alert the appropriate responsible parties.
- Wagon attendants may be called upon to assist with overnight ski/board storage operations and traffic management in the guest drop off area.
- Previous geust service experience preferred
- Able to work outdoors in varrying weather conditions
- Flexbile schedule- Available holidays and weekends
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125164
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago