Work for Vail Resorts
Vice President- Lodging Operations
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Vice President of Operations supports the Hospitality Division of Vail Resorts with the execution and oversight of the division's initiatives. This position will serve as the project manager for development and implementation of centralized resources for property support. Additionally, he/she will assist with the onsite training and auditing of the brand standards and Medallia (Guest Service Scores) programs and also leads much of the division’s Property Management/Vacation Rental work. This position is expected to spend a significant amount of time in the field providing support and leadership to the field operators – alleviating the need for the SVP/COO to make all of the currently executed on site trips and becoming the chief liaison between the field and the corporate team. This individual may, from time to time, have various market based directors of operations reporting into him/her.
This role will be based in Broomfield, CO.
- Works closely with the “in-market” VPs of Operations for Hospitality and Colorado Mountain Express in performing site trips, field reviews, project reviews and the like.
Instrumental in leading property acquisitions and transition work. Coordinate efforts amongst multiple stakeholders both internal and external to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Serves as an on-site trainer from time to time, and is responsible for overseeing audits relating to the Brand Standards and Guest Satisfaction programs.
- Serves as primary lead for the Property Maintenance teams in the field from a centralized coordination perspective.
- Works alongside Risk Management in assisting with division-wide and property-specific efforts in Fire & Life Safety and other compliance monitoring efforts.
- Works with various disciplines to develop specific standards for operational systems such as Property Management, Food & Beverage, Spa, etc.
- Establishes easy to use systems for monitoring and analyzing key metrics such as Brand Standards Compliance, Procurement Compliance, Guest Satisfaction and Financial Performance as they relate to specific disciplines.
- Leading centralized Property Management/Vacation Rental efforts on acquiring and retaining inventory, improving existing inventory, marketing and selling (working alongside marketing and sales), and other efforts.
- Receiving and responding to requests from field operators and communicating with other disciplines as needed.
- Will assist with the on boarding of new General Managers, Rooms Directors, F & B Directors, Executive Chefs, and Spa Directors to bring them up to speed on corporate initiatives, systems, SOPs and protocols.
- Maintains operational communication, for the division, including meetings, email communications and annual meetings.
- Assists with the tracking of internal bench strength for future opportunities within operations.
- Serves as liaison to the lodging properties for hospitality operations. Provides prompt and efficient service to assist the various resorts with their corporate needs.
- Coordinates various best practices efforts and teams over Rooms, Spa, F&B, Maintenance, and other operations.
- Works on special projects as requested by the SVP/COO
- Works with hospitality finance to review financial reports and metrics to identify areas of opportunity or success.
- Works at all levels in the organization to identify innovative ideas and initiatives that will build value for the company.
- Other duties as assigned
- College Degree, preferred degree in Hospitality Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Seven years of leadership experience in hospitality operations with experience in property management/vacation rentals a plus.
- Varied experience in operational leadership such as rooms, spa, food and beverage or similar.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English in a professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Maintains a professional, cooperative and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Must have a desire for a career in hospitality operations.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127320
4 months ago