Work for Vail Resorts
Utility Support Staff - FT & PT
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The support staff position is responsible for general restaurant duties, including but not limited to: bussing tables, stocking and distributing goods/products/beverages, handling trash and recycles, cashiering, maintaining cleanliness of service areas, bathrooms and kitchen, dishwashing, shoveling snow, and preparing and/or serving food.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Full responsibility for cleanliness and organization of facility, including interior and exterior of building (not responsible for kitchen areas, stock areas, or office areas). This includes, but is not limited to, the following: setting up and stacking tables and chairs inside and out, cleaning tables and seats inside and out, cleaning and stocking food trays for food lines, stocking and cleaning condiment stations, taking out garbage and recyclables, cleaning up the area around facility, and cleaning and stocking the bathrooms.
- Snow removal efforts for all decks, walkways and stairs.
- Janitorial duties to ensure that Facility is clean and "ready to go" for next day.
- Maintain friendly, team spirit with a focus on guest services.
- Provide customers with information.
- Assist in "lost and found" item efforts.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Lodge at Big Springs
You will be required to take a gondola ride to this location. The Lodge at Big Springs offers a variety of lunch options from grilled-to-order burgers and melts to fresh entrée salads, and more. Food is served at this exciting indoor and outdoor atmosphere for snow enthusiasts and summer thrill seekers. [750 Indoor Seats, 660 Outdoor Seats
Summit Deck and Grill
You will be required to take a gondola and a chairlift to this location. The Summit Deck & Grille, located on top of Mt. Pluto just steps away from the tops of the Comstock and Backside lifts (elevation 8,610 feet), is open daily from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. The perfect place to break for lunch, relax at the full service bar and take in the panoramic views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountain peaks. Love the outdoors and barbecue? The Smokin' Backside on the deck are just what your appetite is looking for. [325 Indoor Seats, 495 Outdoor Seats]
You will be required to take two (2) gondola rides to this location. Zephyr is centrally located on the mountain near the top of the Tahoe Zephyr Express lift, the newest on-mountain restaurant, the "Zephyr Lodge," features an open floor plan, large timbers and a huge window wall offering spectacular views.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125826
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago