Work for Vail Resorts
Tubing Attendant - Full Time & Part Time
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
One of the finest year-round mountain resorts in North America, Northstar California is host to a base area village featuring unique shops and restaurants, a conference center, 9,000 square foot outdoor skating rink, on-site lodging, special events and more! A winter sport enthusiast's paradise, Northstar offers 97 ski trails spread across 3,170 acres, award-winning terrain parks and snow sports including alpine and Telemark skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing and tubing. Summer activities include mountain biking, golfing, scenic lift rides for sightseeing and hiking, and fly-fishing!
The Tubing Attendant will assist guests in completing liability release forms and establishes crowd control. As a customer focused organization, a crucial part of each employee’s job is to get and keep guests.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Under the supervision of the Tubing Supervisor or his/her assistants, operates the assigned lift in accordance with standard procedures, verbal instruction, and legal operation code to provide safe, quality uphill transportation for guests and employees.
- Assists with the shoveling and raking of snow and ice on a regular basis to maintain proper ramps, corrals, and work areas. This is quite a physical job, which is 100 percent outside.
- Assists with setup of the lift prior to operation start up, which includes emptying trash containers, continually checking the status of marker information boards, tissue dispensers, assisting with the daily checking of switches, chairs, grips, and maintaining of ramps and corrals.
- Assists guests with waivers/forms.
- Communicates problems to superiors, while showing initiative in handling routine matters and emergencies.
- Continually remains vigilant to the needs of the equipment, the department, and the guests and react to those needs in the safest manner while maintaining quality service.
- Under the supervision of the Tubing Supervisor or his/her assistants, operates the assigned lift in accordance with standard procedures and written or verbal instruction to provide safe, quality uphill transportation for guests and employees.
- Be sure to have each guest fill out a waiver form for liability purposes.
- Maintain orderly operations.
- Help with closing procedures.
- Maintain a friendly, team spirit with a focus on guest service.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- Will be trained and expected to work ski lifts at times.
- High school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D.); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must become familiar with the area (lifts and trails) and also know the functions of other departments. Advises and assists guests as needed in a courteous manner.
- Must like working with children, as it is a high guest-service position.
- Must become familiar with resort’s policies and guest service expectations.
- Post offer background check required
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125750
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago