Work for Vail Resorts
Traffic Operations Patrol Officer - FT & PT - Beaver Creek, CO
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Beaver Creek Traffic Operations Patrol Officer is responsible for traffic functions on Beaver Creek Roadway during normal operating hours. Traffic Operation officers do regular security patrols of all properties within the Beaver Creek Resort. Traffic Operations Patrol officers work closely with other resort departments, law enforcement and emergency agencies.
The duties of the tow truck operator consist of communicating with a dispatcher, driving to the scene of an accident or breakdown, connecting the vehicle to the tow truck and trans porting the disabled vehicle.
This individual will be expected to deliver high level guest services and employee relations on a regular basis.
- Ability to work independently in stressful situations.
- Work closely with Beaver Creek Public Safety Staff members.
- Work under direct supervision of daily shift lead. In absence of a shift lead, work under the direction of Manager, Assistant Manager or Director of Beaver Creek Village Operations.
- Responds to all traffic issues in Beaver Creek, works with appropriate agencies to resolve all problems correctly.
- Maintains a daily log of all activities throughout the shift and reports findings via email daily.
- Performs guest and employee services such as vehicle lockouts, jumpstarts, and guest assist rides when needed.
- Performs foot, vehicle, skiing and mountain bike patrols throughout Beaver Creek, and reports unsafe conditions, fire hazards, and security issues.
- Communicate with dispatcher, driving to the scene of an accident or breakdown, connecting the vehicle to the tow truck and transporting it back to necessary location.
- Ability to tow vehicles when necessary by driving assigned tow truck and using a chain, winch, steering locks and other devices as well as affixing lights onto the towed vehicle.
- Coordinates efforts with outside agencies such as Eagle County Sheriff’s Department as needed.
- Performs routine maintenance and upkeep of department vehicles, equipment, and office space.
- Works at the base of the mountain and event security when needed and available.
- Maintains key access control throughout Beaver Creek village, residential roads, and mountain roads.
- Performs pedestrian and vehicle traffic control as needed throughout the resort.
- Assist with parking on Prater road and lower lots (winter).
- Assist with construction patrol and regulations
- Ability to use tow truck in adverse weather and conditions
- Ability to type for extended periods of time
- Use of common sense
- Knowledge of Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch and Arrowhead Mountain resorts and surrounding areasMinimum 21 years of age
- Clean driving and criminal history
- Basic knowledge of cars and automotive parts
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other basic computer program/functions
- CPR certified English must be able to speak and write proficiently
- Must be proficient with computers, programming, and Microsoft Office
- Valid US Driver's License
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required: some college preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Guest services related experience
- Must be able to work unsupervised
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126309
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago