Work for Vail Resorts
Tournant - The Ranch - Keystone, CO
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Keystone Ranch Tournant functions as highly experienced cook, responsible for oversight of one or more cooking stations within the kitchen, such as grill, broiler, oven, fryer, sauté station. Provides day-to-day work direction to team members to ensure production of quality food. Organizes and delegates daily workload. Provides training and guidance to staff. Suggests process improvements and menu enhancements to management. Performs all tasks to the standards of the Chef. Involved with culinary development of apprentices.
- Responsible for the training, supervision, disciplinary and success of all culinary and stewarding employees.
- Capable of creating a motivational atmosphere and a cohesive culinary/kitchen team.
- Is actively involved in the daily operation by being a “hands on” Chef through modeling proper culinary techniques and working alongside employees. Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests.
- Develops written spec sheets for each menu item to include; name, description, portion size, ingredients, cost per serving and menu price. Also responsible for taking pictures of all menu items and for maintaining both the photos and spec sheets in a central location. (This is for the on-going training of staff, to serve as a reference for the special dietary needs of guests’ and to insure the consistency in both menu preparation and presentation.)
- Responsible for all opening and closing duties during the shift. Needs to make sure that all duties are complete by staff prior to shift end. If closing kitchen, it needs to be left in order with all cleanliness tasks and closing tasks complete.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Food and Beverage Department and Vail Resorts.
- Practices good personal hygiene, safe food handling and culinary skills.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and stand for the duration of the shift.
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Has own culinary tools or ability to purchase if required by outlet
- Must adhere to Cutting Edge Safety Training and ServSafe Training
- Must provide Certified Slip Resistant Shoes
- Work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Minimum 2 years of quality cook experience
- Broad knowledge of all culinary styles and cooking techiques
- Supervisory experience - preferred
- Culinary degree/certification - Preferred
- Possesses strong abilities in all applicable cooking techniques and practices
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127258
6 months ago