Work for Vail Resorts
Tournant - Mountain Dining
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Effectively work as a member of the team. Supervise and train culinary staff on a variety of stations in a fast paced culinary environment. Prepare food according to standardized recipes and portion controls. Ensure the Stewarding department has closed down properly at the end of their shift. Assist receiving food and dry goods for the kitchen. Oversee cleanliness of all coolers and walk-ins, properly storing and covering all food items and rotating products for freshness. Assist the Chef(s) maintain all par levels for the kitchen(s). Ensure all Resort guests have the highest quality culinary experience possible while maintaining a profitable and environmentally aware dept.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leads by example; supervises culinary shift in fast paced environment.
- Strong knife skills including ability to tourne, julienne, brunoise, dice, chop, mince.
- Is able to execute the following skills to a high standard: sauté, broil, bake, roast, poach, braise.
- Oversee the kitchen during the Chef and Sous Chef's absence, supervising all stations and ensuring operating standards are met.
- Follows prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency
- Prepares food to the specifications of the Chef
- Reads, understands and follows recipes and standards
- Advise Sous Chef, Chef and in their absence, the General Manager of anticipated problems.
- Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, counters, tables, etc.
- Demonstrate teamwork and cooperation with service staff
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Responsible for production on own station and coordinates with lower rated cooks on their stations (Have a high level of kitchen awareness)
- Inspects food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
- Education: Culinary Degree Preferred, High School/GED
- Work Experience: 3 Years Culinary Experience or Culinary Degree + 1 year experience preferred
- Supervisory Experience: Preferred
- Preferred Skills: Advanced Culinary Skills
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123556
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago