Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket Scanning Team Lead - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Wilmot Mountain is looking for enthusiastic, positive and high energy individuals to join our team! We are a highly visible crew with a strong dedication to guest service who interacts with every single one of our guests. The Scanning Team Lead will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations in the Scanning Department and leading their team in outstanding Guest Services while scanning at the lifts. Through this role, the Scanning Team Lead will have the opportunity to serve as an integral member of the team by coaching and developing other employees as they pursue their career in the snow sports industry. No matter the question or concern, the Scanning Team should be able to answer any query. As a member of the team, you are in a unique position to meet new friends and work with people. We look forward to receiving applications from positive individuals with a passion for the outdoors and creating an Experience of a Lifetime!
- Accurately, efficiently, and independently process lift access products.
- Effectively demonstrate the ability to learn, understand and communicate well with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Communicate professionally in-person and over the phone and radio, to both internal and external guests. Follow proper radio protocols and procedures.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives.
- Handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external
- Create a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner
- Resolve guest relation and/or product issues in an expedient manner.
- Supervise and train all Scanners in exceptional guest safety and service.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to safety policies and conducting regular safety meetings with staff
- Hire, schedule, coach, discipline and separate employees with the help of the Product Sales/Scanning Manager while keeping labor costs within budget
- Consistently follow the guidelines and steps of the services cycle as outlined in the brand standards
- Ensure that direct reports adhere to uniform standards and are both professional and productive through their shift
- Communicate and handle personnel issues and concerns with professionalism and confidentiality
- Perform various administrative duties such as conducting inventory, nightly reports and paperwork.
- Troubleshoot handheld scanners and programming
- Understand all ticket and pass products and the benefits associated with each in order to provide the highest level of guest service
- Enforce company policy in regards to theft of services while remaining discretionary in actions taken
- Provide professional customer service regarding all aspects of Wilmot Mountain
- Be knowledgeable of all facility opening and closing procedures
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 2 years of guest service experience
- 2-4 years experience supervising others
- Basic Microsoft Office and Outlook experience
- Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago