Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket Scanning Supervisor
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Product Sales and Services Ticket Scanning Supervisor - Winter Seasonal, Full Time, Vail Mountain
The Product Sales and Services (PSS) Ticket Scanning Supervisor is responsible for the overall guest service experience when dealing with both internal and external guests. The PSS Ticket Scanning Supervisor is a highly energetic, motivated, and organized leader with a strong focus on problem-solving and multi-tasking. The PSS Supervisor will manage daily operations and communications for multiple base area chairlifts. Candidates must enjoy working outdoors in alpine weather conditions and demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally with guests and co-workers. Guest service, management, and product sales and services experience preferred.
Responsibilities include, (but are not limited to):
- Supervise daily operation of Ticket Scanning, responsible for scanning all media and verifying that each guest and employee has a valid product to access the mountain.
- Solve any and all problems arising from pass issues and guest dissatisfaction.
- Revenue control for all ticket/pass products, verifying on-mountain access.
- Oversee activity of Ticket Scanning staff, manage schedules based upon business volume and guest service levels, and ensure employees adhere to company guidelines.
- Interact with guests in a friendly manner, including offering general resort information and providing excellent guest service.
- Protect against the fraudulent use of ticket and/or pass products.
- Create and maintain a strong, cohesive Scan Team through effective hiring and performance evaluations.
- Train and develop staff, with a focus on guest relations and employee development, throughout the season.
- Provide ongoing job performance and feedback to staff, and complete mid-season and end-of-season performance appraisals.
- Manage administrative needs for the office, including, but not limited to, staff hiring and termination, employee discipline and documentation, scheduling, and payroll.
- Expand understanding of product offerings and scope of services, throughout the resort, in order to efficiently answer questions and resolve issues.
- Troubleshoot any issues with handheld scanning devices.
- Monitor and maintain facilities, equipment and accompanying signage.
- Create a positive and professional work environment and assist with other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent - required.
- Fluent in all aspects of English - required.
- Two (2) years guest service experience - required.
- Willing to work in all winter alpine weather conditions - required.
- Able to commit to entire season - required.
- Strong and professional communication and organization skills - required.
- Resume included with application - required.
- Two (2) professional references - required.
- One (1) year Product Sales and Services Department and Resort Point-of-Sale experience - preferred.
- One (1) year supervisory/management experience - preferred.
- Computer experience (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel proficiency) – preferred
- Spanish speaking ability - preferred.
- In-person interview - preferred.
Learn More About:
Schedule: 4 shifts per week, shifts are 9-10 hours, including weekends and holidays.
Projected Employment Dates: October 17, 2016 to April 23, 2017
Perks: Employee pass, dependant passes, locker room, and discounts on lift tickets, on-mountain restaurants, Vail Sports retail and rentals, etc...
Employee Housing: Limited availability
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125483
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago