Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket Scanning Agent - FT & PT
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Northstar’s Scanning Team is looking for Ticket Scanners for the 2016-17 winter season. Are you the type that likes to take the guest experience to the next level by providing exceptional guest service?? This position is extremely guest services-oriented and requires an upbeat and outgoing attitude! The Scanning Agent greets and engages all guest while scanning tickets and passes at the lifts, politely and respectfully working with all levels of guests regarding valid/invalid pass products, and answering any and all questions our guests might have. We are looking for organized individuals who are outgoing, guest service-driven, positive, have a passion for the outdoors, and take pride in their work and work environment. This is an outdoor position in the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains. This position is base wage but comes with a commission structure!
This position can be located at any of the following locations:
- Big Springs Gondola – This location is busy with the majority of our guests passing through this portal to our mountain. A high level of detail and ability to retain a significant amount of information while maintaining a calm and friendly demeanor is preferred.
- All Other Northstar Chairlifts/Gondolas – These locations are busy throughout each day as guests enjoy our mountain. A high level of detail and ability to retain a significant amount of information while maintaining a calm and friendly demeanor is preferred. Candidates should be able to stand outside in any sort of weather. Some positions are on mountain and include riding/skiing on the clock to your scheduled location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to having Fun while performing the following:
- Validate tickets and season passes using a handheld device
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional guest service for the internal and external guest
- Provide resort, village and local information to the guest
- Initiate a friendly greeting to all guests
- Use the guest's names when appropriate
- Always have trail maps and wickets on your person to hand out at any time
- Communicate in a courteous and respectful manner to all internal and external guests
- Adhere to all departmental and company policies and procedures
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail
- Promptly assist in the resolution of all guest complaints and any pass and ticketing issue; handle all guest concerns and suggestions
- Establish personal strengths and areas of focus through self-assessment and on-going training and feedback from the Northstar Management Team; participate in all departmental and resort training and development courses
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure
- Able to work independently and demonstrate team spirit
- Strong attention to detail
- Must enjoy working with people and interacting with guests
- Must enjoy working in inclement weather for long periods of time
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous guest service
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills with a good understanding of Microsoft Windows, i.e. Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook
- Prior experience with Resort POS software preferred
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125283
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago