Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket Scanner - Part/Full Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome guest to Afton Alps while checking lift ticket.
Ticket Scanners perform all of the ticket scanning duties with the department including greeting and engaging all guest while scanning tickets and passes at lifts, politely and respectfully working with all levels of guest regarding valid/invalid pass products and answering any and all questions our guest might have.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome all guests. Actively engage every guest who approaches the lift maze.
- Ensure all lift tickets and passes are checked and scanned.
- Have knowledge of all Afton Alps lift tickets and season pass products.
- Assist in handling concerns/problems (i.e. invalid passes, long lift lines) in a professional manner.
- Be informed and proactively describe and explain events, programs and services to guests.
- Operate and troubleshoot the ticket checking scan guns.
- Assist with maze set up and help to maintain professional appearance of lift areas.
- Scheduling includes the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Assist in parking and guest services departments when needed.
- Maintain a professional and friendly attitude in all extremes of weather.
- Understand, abide and inform guest of the policies and rules of Afton Alps.
- Must be 18 years of age - Required
- Ability to work outdoor in all weather conditions for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand in one area for longs periods of time.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must exhibit ski or snowboard ability, of intermediate or better - Required.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot ticket checking scan guns.
- Must be able to maintain control and rational demeanor in emotionally charged situations involving guest and/or employees.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126636
Tourism - Travel
29 days ago