Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket Scanner - Full Time and Part Time
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Keystone Ticket Scanner is the ultimate resort host. The job of a scanner does not stop at just scanning tickets. The scanning team will help the base areas with everything from crowd control, talking to guests about our recycling initiatives, and setting up our lift corrals in the morning. The Ticket Scanner provides an Experience of a Lifetime by greeting and engaging every guest, every time they enter a lift maze, day in and day out. They are friendly, approachable, detail-oriented, and enjoy making things easy for the guest. You may even get a chance to fire off Keystone Scanning's t-shirt cannon!
Responsibilities include the following:
- Greet, engage, and scan every guest, every time.
- Converse with guests in all areas of interest from mountain and base area information to activities around the area both inside and outside of the resort.
- Identifying invalid scans and potential fraudulent users and involving the Scanning Lead to assist the guest.
- Identifying a reporting issues with hand held scanners and directing them to the Scanning Lead to get the equipment fixed.
- Daily setup and teardown of base area lift mazes.
- Professional and effective communication with guests and internal departments. Frequent contacts include Ticket Sales, Lift Operations, Keystone Security, IT, Mountain Guest Services, and the Summit County Sheriff.
- Encourage guests to participate in our recycling efforts.
- Lift 50 pounds.
- Stand for the entire work day.
- Work outside in all weather conditions including but not limited to snow, extreme cold, and wind.
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor at all times in stressful situations.
- Work weekends and holidays as necessary
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 123390
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago