Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket and Pass Sales Greeter - Full Time & Part Time
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ticket Office Greeters are a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and are responsible for interacting with customers outside our various ticket office locations. The Greeter is responsible for creating a warm and welcoming first impression for our guests while providing information, directions, and general assistance. The Greeter must proactively manage our ticket lines and ensure guests are assisted as efficiently as possible. Exceptional customer service, the ability to anticipate and react quickly to guest needs, and enthusiasm for the resort are key requirements for this position.
Product Sales & Services employees may be assigned to work at either Park City Base or Canyons Village.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide EXCEPTIONAL guest service
- Accurately provide information about lift access products while efficiently directing guests to the correct windows and/or product sale locations.
- Positively interact with guests and effectively manage the queue (line) at the same time.
- Be quick to anticipate changing customer needs and reorganize operations appropriately.
- Handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external.
- Be knowledgeable about the resort, location specifics, events, and activities in order to answer guest inquiries.
- Make suitable product recommendations to meet guest needs and business objectives.
- Be able to assist guests with online ticket purchases on a mobile or tablet device.
- Assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Create a fun and professional work environment.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures.
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings as required.
- Be willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS as required.
- Take initiative to perform “out of the box” duties/actions for internal and external guests.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
Schedule: Work schedule is based upon business volume and office assignment. Full time is typically 30-40 hours per week over 4 or 5 days with a 7:30 a.m. start time. Part time is typically 15-29 hours per week over 2 full days or 3 or more partial days. Employees must commit to at least one weekend day per week (including some Sundays if required) and be available to work all holiday periods.
Requirements: Must be able to work most weekends and all holiday periods. Holiday periods are considered to be December 23rd – January 2nd, January 13th – 16th, and February 10th – 20th. Team members are expected to be available for work on Dec 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st and Jan 1st.
- Passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry.
- Possesses exceptional guest relations and communication skills.
- Willing and able to work the entire season (November 2016 – April 2017).
- Flexible regarding work schedules and able to commit to working weekends and holidays.
- Punctual and can start work at 7:30am each morning.
- Has an enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in English.
- Able to retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all resort products.
- Possesses strong teamwork skills.
- Able to develop a quick rapport with internal and external guests.
- Able to stay calm and perform well in busy and stressful situations.
- Able to stand and work outside during entire shift.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Detailed knowledge of Park City.
- Experience using a mobile or tablet device.
- Conversational in a second language – Spanish preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124223
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago