Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket and Pass Sales Agent - Full Time & Part Time
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Ticket and Pass Sales Agents are a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and are responsible for selling tickets and season passes at various ticket office locations. Agents deliver outstanding customer service and provide quality information about all Park City/Vail products and services to all our guests. They are required to request and input guest data accurately and quickly during customer transactions, reconcile cash and receipts at end of shift, fulfill pre-ordered products, provide administrative and phone support, and perform other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Provide EXCEPTIONAL guest service
- Accurately and efficiently process lift access products, activity products, and/or ski school products while capturing guest data.
- Make suitable product recommendations to meet guest needs and business objectives.
- Handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service; internal & external.
- Assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, concerns and suggestions.
- Perform daily sales and closing procedures and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit.
- Multi-task - interact with guests and perform computer sales functions at the same time.
- Create a fun and professional work environment.
- Follow company/department policies and procedures.
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings as required.
- Be willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS as required.
- Take initiative to perform “out of the box” duties/actions for internal and external guests.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
Schedule: Work schedule is based upon business volume and office assignment. Full time is typically 4 or 5 days per week, 8-10 hours per day with a 7:30 a.m. start time. Part time is typically 15-29 hours per week (over 2 full days or 3 or more partial days). Employees must commit to at least one weekend day per week (including some Sundays if required) and be available to work all holiday periods.
Must be able to work most weekends and all holiday periods. Holiday periods are considered to be December 23rd – January 2nd, January 13th – 16th, and February 10th – 20th. Team members are expected to be available for work on Dec 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st and Jan 1st.
- Passionate about guest service and the hospitality/ski industry.
- Comfortable requesting guest information during every transaction.
- Willing and able to work the entire season (November 2016 – April 2017).
- Flexible regarding work schedules and able to commit to working weekends and holidays.
- Punctual and can start work at 7:30am each morning.
- Possesses exceptional guest relations and communication skills.
- Has an enthusiastic and outgoing personality.
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software.
- Able to communicate fluently and effectively in English.
- Able to retain a high volume of information to answer questions about all resort products.
- Quick to learn and adjust to product and pricing changes.
- Possesses strong organizational and teamwork skills.
- Able to develop a quick rapport with internal and external guests.
- Able to stay calm and perform well in busy and stressful situations.
- At least 16 years of age.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Conversational in a second language – Spanish preferred.
- Cash handling experience.
- Above average typing skills.
- Prior experience with Vail POS software.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124051
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago