Work for Vail Resorts
Ticket and Pass Sales Agent - FT & PT
Kirkwood, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Join the Kirkwood Ticket and Pass Sales Team as either a Full Time or Part Time team member!
Job Summary: The Ticket Sales Agent is a part of the Product Sales & Services (PSS) Department and will be responsible for selling tickets, season passes, and fulfilling pre-purchased sales orders on the front line at Kirkwood's ticket office locations. This position requires a full knowledge of our products and services and is responsible for collecting guest information. As a PSS Sales Agent, you will receive a high level of guest interaction and will be the face of Kirkwood! We are looking for guest service oriented individuals who are positive, outgoing, operate with a high level of computer proficiency, have a passion for the outdoors, are well disciplined, and take pride in their work.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately and efficiently process lift access products while capturing guest data;
- Ask the guest for their data with every transaction;
- Ability to learn, understand and effectively communicate with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings;
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives;
- Ability to handle high volumes of customer interaction while delivering exceptional service, internal & external;
- Creating a fun and professional work experience while communicating in a courteous and respectful manner;
- Professionally assist and follow through with resolution of guest complaints, handle concerns and suggestions;
- Perform daily sales and closing and be held responsible for your end of day point of sale audit;
- Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy and efficient speed;
- Must be able to interact with guest and work on a computer at the same time;
- Follow company/department policies and procedures;
- Participate in resort and departmental trainings and development courses;
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas/locations of PSS;
- Take initiative to perform duties which facilitate operations and maintain cleanliness of your work area while paying attention to detail;
- Perform other duties as appropriate;
- Provide the "Experience of a Lifetime" for our Guest and fellow Employees!
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Proficient on Microsoft applications and/or POS software;
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays;
- Able to lift and carry 25 lbs;
- Able to stand for long periods of time;
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English language proficiently;
- Intermediate or better computer skills. Must be ablet to use mouse, keyboard (25WPM), learn new software. Should have basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
- Typing skills with an emphasis on data collection;
- Ability to answer questions and speak intelligently about all resort products;
- Fun, outgoing personality traits;
- Take timeliness and deliverable tasks seriously;
- Ability to develop a quick rapport with clients;
- Ability to stay calm in busy and stressful situations.
- Prior experience with (resort) POS software;
- Previous guest service experience;
- College Degree;
- Cash handling experience;
- Outdoor Enthusiasts.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We’re famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127390
Tourism - Travel
14 days ago