Work for Vail Resorts
Terrain Park Groomer - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! The Terrain Park Groomer will share his/her contagious enthusiasm for the sport and be able to ignite that passion in both guests and employees. He/She is responsible for grooming operations within the terrain park department by producing a high quality terrain park experience at Wilmot Mountain. This includes the construction and daily maintenance of two state of the art terrain parks, and tubing surfaces in conjunction with the terrain park staff. Build your team, build your park, build your career.
• Operate Snow Cats to assist with feature construction projects, special event builds and grooming maintenance of the terrain parks, half pipes, terrain based teaching areas and tubing surfaces.
• Work directly with other park groomers as a team to accomplish daily goals and operations.
• Follow written and oral instructions, including communicating with other departments.
• Read instruments and recognize mechanical issues in snow cats.
• Adhere to all safety standards and policies to identify obstacles and hazards in all types of terrain.
• Manage time efficiently during shift to make sure all tasks and projects are completed.
• Operate in an overnight shift capacity to ensure product is ready and safe for operational hours
• Safely transport boxes, rails, jibs and other terrain park features.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Current, Valid Driver’s license
• 2-5 years of experience operating a snow cat or other heavy machinery
• Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
• Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
• Able to work in a guest service environment and appear professional at all times
• Must be able to work well in a team environment
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
4 months ago