Work for Vail Resorts
Team Lead, Terrain Park
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Team Lead: Terrain Park
Work directly with Terrain Park Manager and Grooming Foreman to receive directives on daily operational goals and tasks to be carried out. Manage the daily projects with Terrain Park Attendant Crew, and oversee the completion of aforementioned items. As the Terrain Park Lead, this individual must also perform the daily shoveling and raking duties alongside crew members in order to lead by example. Display excellent customer service skills with all park guests.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Complete multiple inspections of Terrain Park features and closures during shift.
- Coordinate park raking laps and maintainance in all parks.
- Rake, shovel and perform other hand work with Attendants.
- Communication, via radio, with Ski Patrol to inform them of injuries.
- Educating guests on Terrain Park safety and etiquette.
- Building and repairing of rails, boxes, jibs, etc.
- Work with park grooming crew to design and install features.
- Transport, setup and teardown of Special Event infrastructure.
- Safely test features to provide useful feedback to operators.
- Manage daily feature testing of crew, ensure that all proper safety procedures are being followed.
- Daily computer logging input of park opening/closing times.
- Daily installation and inspection of all terrain park exit banners
- High School Diploma/GED - required.
- Minimum of 5 years of terrain park experience - required.
- Operation of snow cat with fork implement - preferred.
- Management or leadership skills - required.
- Valid Driver’s License - required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- Excellent communications skills - required.
- Previous welding and fabrication experience - preferred.
- Ability to stand outside in all weather conditions, for 9+ hours per day - required.
- Ability to work with power tools (cordless drills, angle grinders, etc.) - required.
- Ability to work Holidays/Weekends/Evenings - required.
- Able to pass a Level 7 ski/ride test - required
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126406
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago