Work for Vail Resorts
Team Lead Cooking - Full Time
Northstar, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Team Lead Cooking – Winter Seasonal – Northstar California
The Team Lead Cooking is responsible for performing the full range of the most difficult cooking tasks. In addition to cooking complex menu items, prepares sauces and glazes to enhance flavors. Improvises on established recipes based on availability of ingredients. Suggests, develops, and tests new menu items and recipes. May assist with ordering and inventory management. Oversees food preparation and provides training and guidance to more junior staff.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Prepares food for guest and employees by following cooking procedures. Places and displays foods in serving containers.
- Follows all Health Dept required food handling procedures. Keeps a clean, well maintained, sanitary work environment.
- Fills customer requests by arranging chosen food items, adding prescribed garnishes, and handing meals to customers.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturers’ instructions and established procedures.
- Provides information to customers by answering food preparation questions and resolving special requests.
- Protects customers and employees by adhering to all sanitation policies and procedures; maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Helping with the closing of the operation including sweeping, mopping, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a friendly, team spirit with a focus on guest service.
- Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have California Food Handlers Certification within 2 weeks of hire date.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time, and to perform strenuous physical labor in inclement weather conditions.
- Flexible working hours.
- 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127216
Tourism - Travel
3 months ago