Work for Vail Resorts
Support Staff, Fine Dining Holiday Help
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Fine Dining Holiday Help Staff on Vail Mountain exemplify guest service excellence and have a commitment to exceeding guests' expectations. Menu knowledge, wine knowledge, executing service with high Vail Mountain Fine Dining service standards, having an interactive rapport with guests, and having a dedicated work ethic while working in a fast-paced and high end environment are skill assets that we seek within our staffs. Applicants may be considered for either The 10th, Vail's critically acclaimed on-mountain fine-dining restaurant, or Game Creek Restaurant, a members-only private lunch restaurant with a prix-fixe multi-course dinner open to the public.
Nestled just below Eagle's Nest and just above the Game Creek chair lift, Game Creek Restaurant is a truly unique location where guests can enjoy a gourmet dinner and an exceptional dining experience while overlooking the beautiful Game Creek Bowl. Game Creek Restaurant is open 7 days a week for a private Club luncheon, open exclusively for Game Creek Club members, and offers delectable, five-star, distinctive American cuisine. Receiving the Best Of Award of Excellence, the culinary experience is complimented by an award-winning wine list and superior service. This breathtaking European chalet-style restaurant is accessible as ski in/ski out for lunch or by gondola and snow cat for dinner.
The 10th serves an upscale sit-down lunch daily, complete with a boot room for guests to enjoy slippers while they dine! Located at the top of Gondola One at Mid-Vail, The 10th is accessed either by ski-in and ski-out during the day or via Vail’s brand new high tech Gondola One. Modern. Alpine. Inspired. The 10th redefines classic alpine cuisine and elevates service to new standards in Vail.
Holiday Help staff will work a variety of positions in the restaurant which will include Food Runner, Server Assistant, Host, and any other duties as needed during peak times. Holiday Help staff must work a minimum of 14 shifts over the season, with a minimum of 6 of these shifts between December 22-January 8, and 2 shifts over President’s Weekend. Weekends are preferred for remaining Holiday Help shifts.
Essential Job Functions:
General Staff are responsible for providing service and ensuring enjoyment of the guests.
- Welcome and greet guests.
- Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Duties include but are not limited to stocking, polishing silver, glass and dishware; setting, bussing and clearing tables; trash and recycling removal; bussing; and any other duties assigned.
- Inform guests of menu options and beverages selections.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Assist in capacities as requested by the Manager on Duty which may include tidying restrooms, carrying or lifting heavy items, working in outdoor conditions, assisting the service team, moving and setting furniture, and general tasks to keep the restaurant operating smoothly.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as assigned by managers.
- Maintain clean service areas.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Be ready and willing to assist fellow staff as situations arise.
- Be ready and willing to clear and reset tables.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Must have a friendly and courteous attitude toward guests - required
- Must have previous food and beverage experience - required.
- Previous work experience at The 10th - preferred.
- Must have or obtain valid TIPS certification upon employment (will provide training) - required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older - required.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays and shifts as required - required.
- Must be fluent in English - required.
- ServSafe or Food Handler’s Card (or ability to obtain) – required.
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125382
Tourism - Travel
15 days ago