Work for Vail Resorts
Supervisor - Competition Services
Breckenridge, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Competition Services Supervisor works with the Breckenridge Competition Services team and is responsible for daily supervision and operation of competition venues and special events; either front of house or back of the house. Responsible for the exceution of a wide range of Special Events and Competitons at Breckenridge Ski Resort. Promote new products and initiatives as they are developed. Additional job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule, train, supervise and evaluate staff
- Supervise set up and tear down of daily race operation, other races, and events
- Ensure the safety and functionality of events and race venues
- Supervise the daily operation of EpicMix Racing and other race venues
- Oversee RPOS sales and EpicMix Racing products, trouble shoot systems, close and generate daily reports.
- Oversee the collection of EpicMix Racing and other racing receipts and generate daily reports.
- Oversee the installation of trail fencing, safety features, and signage at EpicMix Racing and other race venues.
- Participate in event planning with Breckenridge Marketing, Group Sales, and Corporate Sales Departments
- Work with our local race clubs and organizations maintain strong relationship and meet the daily race needs as they pertain to training or race events
- 3+ years of event related or mountain operations experience
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role
- 2+ years of mountain operations experience
- Advanced Skier/Rider
- Must be fluent in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- USSA member - prefer chief of course and timing certifications.
- Advanced knowledge of race timing hardware and software
- College Degree
- Equipment Operator
If you’re hard working and feel exhilarated serving others, you’ll feel right at home in our authentic ski town and world-class mountain resort. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, we deliver an experience of a lifetime to every single guest that visits our mountain town. If you’re interested in moving mountains in your career, come work with us at Breckenridge where you’ll instantly feel at home. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127271
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago