Work for Vail Resorts
Store Manager - Telluride Sports
Telluride, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Experience of a Lifetime. More than just our mission, these words describe Vail Resorts and the people who share a desire to achieve and experience excellence. One of our core values is providing an exceptional experience to our guests and to our employees. An opportunity to work for Vail Resorts is an opportunity to bring out your full passion for everything our company stands for, including our commitment to our product, the communities we live in, the environment and our shareholders. Our employees are good at what they do, we welcome people who bring enthusiasm and pride to work.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manages the overall day-to-day operation of a retail store.
- This position is responsible for merchandising, financial management, sales staff supervision and overall store management.
- Oversees hiring, training, coaching and scheduling of store personnel.
- Responsible for sales generation and growth, inventory control, controllable expenses, cash management, merchandising, loss prevention and store appearance.
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service.
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth.
- Manage and meet labor and operational budgets.
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals.
- Role model and administer company policies, guidelines, core values and competencies.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, coach, and maintain a quality core staff.
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies.
- Train staff on POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales.
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis.
- Maintain all company paperwork and safety standards according to policies and standards.
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five years multi-store management experience in the retail industry required
- Five years of direct supervisory experience
- Proficient in MS Office Products; Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- English fluency
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced sales environment
- Knowledgeable of customer service and sales techniques
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Team-building skills
Some of the benefits include:
- Free Season Pass to Telluride Ski Resort and Vail Resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development
- 401k Saving Plan
- Health Benefits
- Auto, Home, Pet Insurance
Our Telluride Retail team has been providing gear and guidance since 1972, catering to those drawn to America’s Best Ski Resort. Not only does our Telluride Retail team enjoy the amazing benefits of getting to work in Telluride, CO but as part of the larger Vail Resorts family – all of our employees receive access to Telluride & the resorts that Vail Resorts operates in CO. Work with people that take customer service to the next level and cater to gear-heads and fashionistas alike. Grow your career further than you could imagine being part of the Vail Resorts family – starting with Telluride. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127415
about 1 month ago