Work for Vail Resorts
Store Manager - Aspen Sports Tune Shop
Snowmass, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Manages the overall day-to-day operation of a ski tune shop. This position is responsible for ski tuning, financial management, sales staff supervision, ski delivery and overall store management. Oversees hiring, training, coaching and scheduling of store personnel. Level II Store is defined as Medium/High Complexity with $0.5 to $1.5 million in revenues, or Low/Medium Complexity with $1.5 to $5 million in revenues. See Store Classification Guide for additional information.
Job Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Oversight of the service and tuning of customer and rental skis/snowboards according to established guidelines.
- Ensure all ASTM testing/standards are being performed and met.
- Handle In-Transit Equipment.
- Coordinate the movement of all skis and snowboards to and from stores and tune shop.
- Generate sales, and demonstrate and maintain a professional standard of guest service
- Evaluate sales trends and create methods for sales growth
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Role model and administer company policies and guidelines
- Recruit, hire, train , coach , and maintain a quality core tuning center staff
- Enforce company cash handling policies and procedures, and other loss prevention policies
- Conduct performance appraisals for and coach development of staff on a regular basis
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and standards
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Regional Manager
- Ordering tune shop supplies and maintaining tune shop machinery.
- Adhere to and enforce safety procedures according to policies and standards.
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
- Be energetic, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- A minimum of 3 years of retail sales experience - preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of ski / snowboard rental management experience - required
- A minimum of 3 years prior tuning experience - required
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications - required
- Ability to communicate frequently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with rental and retail POS system - preferred
- At least 1 years of supervisory experience
- Must be a team player and be able to handle fast paced stressful environment
- Possess the desire to offer the highest customer service standards to guests
Operating a ski shop in Aspen is . . . well . . . kind of a big deal. The world’s biggest outdoor hobbyist and the most discriminating travelers make their way to this high alpine location every winter. And as high as our elevation are the expectations of our guests. We take our job—outfitting locals and visitors alike for the ultimate winter experiences—very seriously. Our staff takes pride in outfitting every customer with exactly what they need, sharing their outdoor expertise in the process. Our employees at Aspen Sports love the outdoors and love working with the top of the line gear the store offers. Join our team of adventure enthusiasts and see where your passion can take you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125715
5 months ago