Work for Vail Resorts
Starbucks Regional Manager - Vail and Aspen, CO
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Starbucks Regional Manager - Full Time - Year Round - Vail and Aspen, CO
Vail Hospitality is now hiring a Starbucks Regional Manager to oversee operations at the Vail Village, Arrabelle and Aspen Starbucks locations.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by leading store operations within an assigned region to create and maintain the Starbucks Experience for our customers and partners. The regional manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the stores within their assigned region. In particular, a majority of time is spent developing store management talent, overseeing the region's store management workforce, making management staffing decisions, ensuring region-wide customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the region’s financial performance, and managing safety and security within the region. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Starbucks and Vail Resorts guiding principles.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Develops the store management team within the region to deliver legendary customer experiences in all stores.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store management team within the region to develop and implement action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages through unusual events to keep region operating to standard.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks and Vail Resorts.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to the store management team to ensure smooth flow of operations within the region.
- Reviews store environments and key business indicators within the region to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the store management team to take action and achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Creates area implementation plans to support execution of regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Monitors and manages region-wide management staffing levels. Ensures management-level partner development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain regional operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and filters communications to the store management team within the district. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations at the store and region level.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Accesses external resources to support district-wide operations and to execute district and regional initiatives such as Partner Resources, Marketing, Partner & Asset Protection, Finance, Real Estate, and Store Development.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for nonexempt partners and minors.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in regional performance.
Partner Development & Team Building - Providing partners with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires partners to achieve business results
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with partners in the region by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Ensures partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
- Manages regional-wide store management team.
- Progressively responsible management experience (3 years)
- Experience analyzing financial reports
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience in a multi-unit environment
- Ability to manage the overall operations of multiple stores independently
- Knowledge of retail or restaurant industry operations
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Supervisory skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Working knowledge of business processes and system development
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both written and verbal.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to stand or walk for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Previous Coffee Shop or Starbucks Experience. –preferred
- Retail management experience. - preferred
- In person interviews. -preferred
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127837
5 months ago