Work for Vail Resorts
Starbucks General Manager - River Run Village
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This position will be responsible for every aspect of the business including P & L ownership, staff management, interdepartmental relationships, and more. Overall responsibility for the operations and administrative functions of the outlet, including compliance and execution of all operational standards. Recruit, interview, hire, conduct performance appraisals, take disciplinary action, motivate and train. During the spring and fall seasons, manager will work out our Dumont Starbucks location assisting managers.
- Ensures all customers receive the highest quality product and customer service possible, utilizes customer feedback to improve services, participates in Customer Voice program.
- Ensures all company policies, store operating standards and procedures are communicated effectively and maintained and followed in a consistent manner.
- Coordinates, monitors, and adheres to Starbucks standards, both store operations and Corporate direction.
- Ensures all cash handling and cash register functions are performed in an accurate and consistent manner.
- Trains and develops the employees to demonstrate all customer service standards, operating standards and skills, as well as Starbucks training standards and programs.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the outlet; budgeting, scheduling, reporting, P&L/GL information and understanding and proper management of all financial aspects.
- Contributes toward store profitability by seeking opportunities to increase sales, manage, appropriate inventory and cost of goods control and control labor cost.
- Complies with all Health, Safety and Sanitation guidelines for all products and operations
- Responsible for the selection, training, motivation, supervision and success of all staff members.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor through appearance and by maintaining a positive attitude toward all employees and guests
- Coordinates daily pre-shift huddles to educate the staff on company information and conduct daily training standards.
- Responsible for various administrative tasks including: scheduling to the forecasted business levels, posting weekly schedules in a timely manner, monitoring weekly payroll, ordering, inventory, costing, pricing, ensuring par levels are maintained and that all equipment is on hand and in excellent condition.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree - preferred
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with PeopleSoft and InfoGenesis - preferred
- At least 2 year’s experience in customer service within a retail or restaurant environment
- Previous experience with Starbucks - preferred
- At least one year supervising or managing others
- Fluent in English
- Ability to work in a team and independently, ability to learn quickly and multi-task.
- Slip Resistant shoes are required in this position.
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124530
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago