Work for Vail Resorts
Star Rider - Children's Ski and Snowboard Center 3-6 programs
Vail, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Children’s Ski and Snowboard Center 3-6 programs: Children Center Star Rider/Attendant - Winter Seasonal, Full Time Vail Mountain
The Vail Children's Center is looking for patient individuals that love working with children to join our winter team!
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Act as a ski aide for 3-6 year old classes on the beginner hill.
- Ride the beginner lift with 3-6 year olds. Help children load and unload the chair lift.
- Assist children with bathroom breaks when skiing on the beginner hill.
- Assist with bringing children back to the Children’s Center from beginner area when sick or sad.
- Positive, information and courteous communication with guest.
- Help serve lunch to the children from noon to 1:00PM.
- Additional help in kitchen with food prep etc. when needed or during regular cook's scheduled days off.
- Additional help in the morning to prepare children for mountain skiing and snowboarding.
- High school diploma or equivalent - required.
- Telephone communication skills and courtesy - required.
- Proper technique regarding the lifting and handling of children - required.
- Basic skiing skills (Will be tested in Beginner Area) - required.
- English fluency - required.
- Previous experience working with children (and parents) in some capacity - required.
- Previous experience working in a guest service position - preferred.
- College level early childhood development courses - preferred.
- Elementary education courses - preferred.
- Spanish extremely helpful - preferred.
- Able to work outside in cold weather - preferred.
- Schedule: 4/5 days a week approximately 8/8.5 hours per day
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail – a place that’s Like Nothing on Earth. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125084
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago