Work for Vail Resorts
Sr. Manager, Hospitality Applications
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
We are currently in search of a creative and talented Senior Hospitality Applications Manager to become an integral member of our IT Hospitality team supporting areas such as lodging, property and revenue management. The Senior Hospitality Applications Manager will be instrumental in managing business stakeholders and transforming the hospitality ecosystem within Vail Resort Inc. This position leads a team of hospitality analysts and project managers and works closely with other hospitality IT and business teams. The role includes managing operational and capital budgets, developing and managing project plans, evaluating and making recommendations for resource utilization and working with key business stakeholders to manage daily activities for the hospitality project portfolio. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that will deliver the next generation of applications for a high performing company.
- Budget creation and management
- Align multi-year IT capital and operational expense plans to support delivery for multiple lines of business within our Hospitality division.
- Develop IT operating budgets
- Develop and manage IT capital budgets for all IT initiatives associated with above areas
- Employee management
- Manage team of project manager(s) and analyst(s) responsible for supporting applications with a focus on delivery
- Identify professional development opportunities for all direct reports
- Responsible for employee goal creation and performance reviews
- Project / portfolio management
- Ensure projects are planned and run using project standards and best practices.
- Manage projects to be on time, on budget, delivering expected value with quality
- Communicate project status regularly and effectively to the appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure proper lifecycle and change management for applications
- Work closely with other managers/directors to procure project resources as needed
- Manage contracts and PO’s for project work as needed
- Ensure careful management of resource assignments across projects
- Build and maintain project roadmaps, aligning with current and proposed project portfolio
- Business partner management
- Facilitate meetings with business leadership to ensure alignment on project and technology roadmaps with key business objectives
- Work closely with business stakeholders to implement scaleable solutions that support changing business requirements
- Facilitate steering committee meetings with business resources to ensure IT systems continue to deliver business value
- Technology strategy development
- Collaborate with other senior management on multi-year project and resource roadmaps
- Stay current on industry trends in hospitality and transportation technology
- Proactively identify and present technology initiatives to the business for evaluation
- Lead enterprise system selection process for new applications
- Vendor management
- Manage relationships with 3rd party software vendors
- Negotiate corporate contracts with 3rd party vendors, including master pricing and support agreements
- Identify and select software vendors for hospitality, clubs and transportation division
- Testing processes and governance
- Ensure proper quality assurance for our solutions
- Ensure that all governance requirements, including SOX, PCI, PII, Business Continuity and supporting change control documentation is obtained.
- Report directly to senior leadership on an as-needed basis
- Participate in key steering committees on an as-needed basis
- 5+ years of experience in an IT delivery management role
- Demonstrated success with managing projects on-time and on-budget
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/MIS/Software Engineering or related field
- Strong technical aptitude including knowledge of retail
- Very Strong Customer Service, supervisory, and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to handle multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills with the ability to handle a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- A passion to quickly learn new systems, tools and procedures to assist in delivering business solutions
- Experience with presenting to business leadership
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management and Resource Planning
- Experience with developing and managing capital and operating budgets
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124022
6 months ago