Work for Vail Resorts
Sr. Manager, BI Development
Broomfield, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Manager of Business Intelligence Development plays a key leadership role on our BI Development Team in enabling Vail Resorts to support our best in class data-driven marketing, analytics and reporting efforts. The Manager will work with a team of developers and specialists to provide leadership and direction to the team developing and supporting our Enterprise Data Warehouse. This position will partner with and support a fast-paced quantitative analytics and CRM team in a highly collaborative environment working closely with Project Managers to ensure the on-time and quality delivery of work.
We are looking for an outstanding individual who excels in several key areas: Leadership to a team of BI developers and technology professionals, building and managing partner relationships, Business Intelligence platforms and tools, data warehousing and data sourcing architecture, data quality management, data governance, enterprise performance management and KPIs, and management and development of people. Previous experience managing people who are designing, building, operating and maintaining a large BI and Analytics platform is required. This position reports to the Director of BI and Analytics.
- Oversees the management of the developers.
- Coordinates with BI Delivery leadership to prioritize development projects to meet deliverables and time lines.
- Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments to identify opportunities for team and throughput improvement.
- Develops and manages service with speed and accuracy to ensure that all service delivery issues are resolved.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team.
- Acting as the escalation point for business partners and staff issues with regards to technical delivery.
- Coach team on topics of how to apply industry best practices to improve the teams overall work product.
- Improves interaction and service between team members and other functional areas of the company.
- Aligns staffing capabilities with the needs of the business.
- Setting team targets and managing/monitoring performance accordingly.
- Building strong relationships with business partners to keep alignment between groups.
- Maintaining a motivated, engaged team.
- Carry out regular performance reviews and objectives setting, including regular 1:1 sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IS, mathematics, or a closely related field
- 7+ years working with and supporting business and/or technology users in the area of business intelligence and data warehousing
- 3+ years of experience leading a BI development team
- Strong knowledge of BI systems and architectures
- Experience in the travel/hospitality or retail verticals
- Experience working with a cross-functional team in the areas of technology, marketing, finance, and analytics/CRM
- Experience managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Strong leadership background to effectively manage, mentor, and grow direct reports
- Ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution to complex issues
- Ability to drive complex estimation and assessment work with a high degree of repeatability and accuracy
- Experience in an Agile based delivery environment
The position is located at Vail Resort’s Broomfield, Colorado corporate headquarters. Travel to our various resorts and lodging properties may be required.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126945
4 months ago