Work for Vail Resorts
Sr Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis - Urban Ski Areas (In Park City, Broomfield, or Wilmo
Park City, UT, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Mountain Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value. The team performs comprehensive financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis to enable the company to align its resources with the achievement of its strategic goals.
The Sr. Analyst: FP&A role directly supports the full scope of operational finance for the Urban Ski Areas. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Finance – Utah/Urban Ski Areas, the Sr. Analyst: FP&A is also a key member of the Urban Ski Areas leadership team and works closely with the Urban Ski Areas VP and operational management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with department managers to develop the operating and capital budgets, financial forecasts, and other financial planning materials for Urban Ski Areas
- Provide real-time financial reporting, analytics and business insight to support the successful operation of the business
- Drive financial and performance measurement criteria to assist business partners within the operations
- Continuously look to improve forecast accuracy and financial knowledge within the resort
- Identify areas of improvement and opportunities at the Urban Ski Areas and proactively communicate recommendations and concerns with leadership
- 3+ years experience in finance with demonstrated success in financial modeling and analysis. The ideal candidate should have experience coordinating financial planning and analysis functions, including annual budget and capital budgeting processes.
- Additionally the ideal candidate should have:
- Outstanding academic credentials
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- A record of accomplishment and excellence
- Highly collaborative team approach to work
- Ability to adapt to and excel in a fast-paced environment
- High energy and the ability to work highly independently
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and presentation. High degree of proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint (Access and PeopleSoft also desirable).
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127605
5 months ago