Work for Vail Resorts
Sous Chef - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! The Sous Chef will provide first class service to our guest through back of house culinary operations at their assigned outlet.. He/she will be responsible for assisting the executive chef with menu design, standardization and quality control along with food preparation. Through this role, the Sous Chef will have the opportunity to serve as an integral member of the team by driving their passion in the food and beverage industry.
• Assist the Executive Chef in supervising all kitchen staff in the proper preparation, presentation and service of food served along with maintenance and cleanliness of kitchen and food storage areas
• Manage daily back of house operations of assigned F&B outlet to location standards
• Assist Executive Chef in developing and evaluating menus, product standards and costs
• Adhere to all food safety and health department guidelines for food production and storage
• Train staff in food safety, food handling, preparation, and other best practices
• Anticipate business volumes to achieve successful production of daily product
• Must be knowledgeable of all facility opening and closing procedures
• Perform other duties as required.
• Minimum of 1 year cooking in a professional kitchen
• Minimum of 1 year supervising others
• ServSafe® Certificate or the ability to obtain one
• Basic Microsoft Office and Outlook experience
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Must be willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Wear of slip resistant shoes required
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago