Work for Vail Resorts
Sous Chef - Der Fondue Chessel - Year Round (10-Month) - Keystone, CO
Keystone, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Der Fondue Chessel is a fondue lover's dream, whether it's a cozy dinner for two or a fun group gathering. Our guests enjoy an authentic fondue experience atop Keystone's North Peak mountain.
The Der Fondue Chessel is located in a remote area, this position will require transportation to and or from the restaurant to be done via gondola, chairlift, motor vehicle, snowmobile, snow cat, toboggan, and foot.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise daily operations of the kitchen and staff in accordance with defined food program to set standards
- Assist the Executive Chef and restaurant team with all daily functions
- Candidate is expected to follow all applicable standards of sanitation, safety, and all other standards set by the department and the company
- Assist with other outlets as needed
- Create a team atmosphere and lead by example
- Basic computer skills, including MS Office - required
- English - fluent, written and spoken - required
- Slip resistant shoes - required
- At least 5 years kitchen experience, in culinary setting - required
- At least 2 years supervisory experience, in culinary setting - required
- ServSafe accreditation or ability to obtain upon hire – required
Interesting and Informational Links:
- Find out more about Vail Resorts Recruitment and “like” our page on Facebook
- Find out more about Keystone Resort
- Find out more about our Company Policies
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service, and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and vast options for adventure and exploring, you can join a community who loves where they live and love what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home, with its warmth, friendliness and unequaled eye for detail. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 127150
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago