Work for Vail Resorts
Sous Chef - Beano's Cabin - Winter Seasonal
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Sous Chef will supervise the preparation and production of food and carry out the rules and quality standards set by the Executive Chef and General Manager. The Sous Chef is proficient in all positions in the kitchen and will be responsible for training, overseeing and evaluating employees. He/She may assist in creation, costing, and management of menu, monthly inventory, staff scheduling, and purchasing/ordering. The Sous Chef is responsible for proper condition and cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring proper safety and sanitation, and safe service of food. Must be able to train line staff on proper guest service, demonstrate how to prepare and serve products to ensure consistency, and to constantly monitor and to mentor line staff into keeping areas neat, organized and stocked from beginning to end.
In addition, duties may include:
- Assist the Executive Chef in all areas of menu development and food related operations for all outlets.
- Supervises all kitchen employees and all kitchen activities.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent high quality of all kitchen production.
- Works on the line cooking and or/Expedites lunch or dinner as needed.
- Responsible for keeping the kitchen, kitchen storage facilities, coolers and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition.
- Communicates any mechanical problems with restaurant management and executive chef.
- Oversees management of labor hours and reacts to staffing levels according to needs.
- Responsible for punctual and accurate inventory procedures.
- Responsible for completing and turning in all HR paperwork on time.
- Responsible for overseeing and purchasing of all products up to and including foodstuff, chemicals, sundries, linen, uniforms and kitchen equipment. Orders and controls food storage and pars in unison with the operation. Control collection of all food invoices.
- Adhere to established purchasing, receiving, storing and issuing procedures
- Responsible for controlling food and labor costs through proactive planning, scheduling and purchasing.
- Training, cross training and development of staff. Including, proper use of equipment. Monitoring and stimulating outlet chefs, continued training, special projects and development.
- Attend operations meetings and daily line up meetings.
- Conduct monthly culinary and stewarding departmental meetings, to include agenda and minutes.
- Oversees the daily preparation and participates in food production, including line product and appropriately stocked and organized stations.
- Monitors punctuality, attendance, staff appearance, quality of uniforms.
- Oversees all aspects of Stewarding department, including breakage control procedures, also responsible for the quantity, care and condition of plates, bowls and all food service vessels.
- Responsible for monitoring production levels of all stocks and sauces, butchery and mis en place for any and all stations in all kitchens.
- Oversee proper use and storage of cleaning supplies and chemicals. Responsible for providing for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production and service areas, including staff food safety education.
- Responsible for conducting line inspections, weekly audits.
- Create special cleaning task schedule, implement and supervise its completion to include: storage areas, loading dock, equipment and oveall back of house facility.
- Responsible for the safety of staff.
- Responsible for HACCP controls, checklists and MSDS as well as monitoring systems.
- Inspect (using self-inspection checklist) all areas of responsibility for cleanliness and working conditions.
- High School diploma or equivalent - required
- Culinary Arts Degree - preferred
- At least 3 years of restaurant experience in a fine dining establishment - required
- 3 years management experience - required
- Able to read, write, speak, comprehend and understand English fluently - required
- Strong communication skills, including ability to train staff members - required
- Serve Safe certified - required
- Able to lift 50lbs or more - required
- Positive work ethic, team oriented, committed to costumer service - required
- Able to work in a hot kitchen environment up to 8 hours during a shift - required
- Able to stand up to 8 hours during a shift - required
- Able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as necessary - required
- Able to work all kitchen stations - required
- Able to enforce kitchen and safety policies - required
- Fine dining cooking experience - preferred
- Resume - required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125766
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago