Work for Vail Resorts
Sommelier - Beano's Cabin - Full Time
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Sommelier is responsible for pairing, selling and upselling wine in a professional, knowledgable and friendly manner. Every table will be greeted within 5 minutes of being seated, and wine options and preferences will be discussed with all guests. Assist all staff when needed and provide training and support to waitstaff during wine service. S/he provides guests with expertise in all areas of wine service, including selection and food pairings.
- Provides expertise, advice, and pairing suggestions for other spirits and beverages, in addition to wine.
- Selling wine to guests and groups
- Pairing wine effectively to match menu selections, and budgetary concerns
- Providing exceptional service to all guests and groups
- Ensuring all guests have an exceptional experience by assisting staff whenever needed
- Train and assist waitstaff with wine service - including tastings
- Work with management to ensure cost of sales alignment, inventory levels and controls
- Ensure all company policies and safety initiatives are adhered to
- High School diploma - required
- At least 3 years previous fine dining restaurant experience - required
- Must have 1-2 years of sommelier experience - required
- Must be knowledgeable of proper food safety and sanitation guidelines - required
- Must have or obtain valid TIPS certification within 30 days of hire - required
- Will be handling alcohol, and must be at least 21 years of age - required
- Must be fluent in English - required
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124726
Tourism - Travel
17 days ago