Work for Vail Resorts
Snowmaking / Snowmaker - All Experience Levels - FT - Winter Seasonal - Northstar, CA
Truckee, CA, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Job Summary: As a Snowmaker, you will help to lay the groundwork for an epic ski season. You will be striving for quality, safety, and efficiency to ensure an exceptional experience for our guests. Snowmakers will also assist with day-to-day operations in the safe production of a suitable snow surface and will work as a team member while supervising other snowmakers. As a snowmaker, you will learn how to and be able to teach proper snow quality checks, snow gun adjustments, assembly and operation of all types of snow guns, and equipment placement on trails. In this job you will be working long hours, overnights and exposed to the elements. This important role is critical to getting the ski season up and running.
- Individuals who are passionate about the ski industry, and working outdoors
- Ability to work long hours, outdoors, overnights and exposed to the elements
- Previous experience handling heavy machinery and knowledge of tools and equipment
- English Proficiency
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work the entire snowmaking season, typically October – January.
- Experience in snowmaking a plus
- Flexibility is a must, shifts vary and can be overnight
What’s in it for you?
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted tickets to Arapahoe Basin
- Discounted lodging at our Rock Resort Properties starting at $85/night
- 50% off Colorado Mountain Express transportation
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events! Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions!
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it’s easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the “Top 25 Ski Towns in the World.” www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126099
Tourism - Travel
17 days ago