Work for Vail Resorts
Snowmaking Maintenance Tech
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Snowmaking Maintenance Tech is a season to season position within Beaver Creek Snowmaking that reports to and works closely with the department’s Lead Maintenance Tech. You will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of snowmaking machine rooms. This position works with high voltage, high horsepower motors, high volume water pumps and air compressors. Responsibilities also include work with millivolts, motor control centers, programmable logic centers and system control software. Work includes time with large heavy equipment while being exposed to variable weather and surface conditions in a challenging high alpine environment. This position includes working closely with chemicals, glycols, cleaners and exposure to decibel levels requiring hearing protection. Mechanical and electrical diagnostics and repair are necessary skills. You will operate company vehicles: trucks, snowmobile, ATV’s & UTV’s. Excellent communication skills are needed to work as a part of a 60 member team. You will work closely with other Mountain Operations departments such as: Grooming, Race, Ski Patrol, Lift Maintenance, Fleet Maintenance, and Lift Operations. This is a very complex position that requires intense commitment and a diverse skill set. This important role is critical to getting the ski season up and running.
This is a true “Experience of a lifetime” you will never forget!
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must possess valid Driver’s license and acceptable MVR (driving record)
• Must speak, read and write fluent English
• Must adhere to Beaver Creek’s policies (conduct, ethics, grooming, safety)
• Must possess at least 3 years snowmaking, technical training or relevant experience
• Must safely operate company vehicles
• Must work well with others in a team environment
• Must be dependable and punctual
• Must be willing to perform menial duties as required
• Must be able to lift, pull, carry or drag 75lbs and stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to work weekend, holiday and overnight shifts
• Must possess strong leadership qualities
• Must possess a positive optimistic attitude
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126179
Tourism - Travel
5 months ago