Work for Vail Resorts
Snowmaking Lead - Winter Seasonal
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The snowmaking Lead reports directly to the shift Supervisor. You will be working long hours in a fast paced high risk job. You should possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable having difficult conversations. You will work with Supervisors to accomplishing department objectives, training, organizing and motivating staff of different skill levels. You will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating staff performance which includes coaching, guiding and discipline. You should be able to recognize the skill and ability of your staff and delegate appropriately. You will possess extensive knowledge of the complete snowmaking process. Safety is Paramount! Acute personal awareness, prudent judgement, physical fitness, coordination and fortitude are characteristics snowmakers should possess. You will be exposed to variable weather and surface conditions in a high alpine environment. During a typical shift you will walk, ski or board, ride chair lifts, drive snowmobiles or be transported by snowcat to set up and operate snowmaking equipment. You will work closely with other Mountain Operations departments such as: Grooming, Race, Ski Patrol, Lift Maintenance, Fleet maintenance, Lift Operations. Snowmaking begins and ends before other winter operations and is a great feeder job for other Beaver Creek jobs. This is a very complex position and requires intense commitment and a diverse skill set. This important role is critical to getting the ski season up and running.
This is a true “Experience of a lifetime” you will never forget!
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must possess valid Driver’s license and acceptable MVR (driving record)
• Must speak, read and write fluent English
• Must adhere to Beaver Creek’s policies (conduct, ethics, grooming, safety)
• Must possess at least 2 years snowmaking experience
• Must be able to safely operate company vehicles
• Must work well with others in a team environment
• Must be dependable and punctual
• Must be willing to perform menial duties as required
• Must be able to lift, pull, carry or drag 75lbs and stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to work weekend, holiday and overnight shifts
• Must possess strong leadership qualities
• Must possess a positive optimistic attitude
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126425
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago