Work for Vail Resorts
Ski Valet - The Pines, a RockResort
Avon, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Ski Valet is responsible for creating a welcoming and helpful impression to owners & guests. Ski Valets will be responsible for a timely delivery, retrieval and storage of skis and equipment. Provide immediate and courteous owner & guest service. Communicate with various departments to notify internal staff of owners and guest arrival and/or needs. Responsible for cleanliness of surrounding work environments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Valet all owner's and guest’s ski equipment with applicable labels, put into inventory, and stored in an organized fashion.
- Maintain cleanliness of the facilities for guest arrival.
- Locates and delivers owners’ and guests’ ski equipment.
- Receives and transports owners and guests skis to ski storage at the end of ski day or when owners and/or guest are done skiing for the day. Records daily inventory of all skis at close of business
- Document all ski tuning instructions, coordination and transport equipment to and from the ski shop.
- Report light bulbs, performs minor maintenance as needed.
- Maintain amenities in ski room areas i.e. water, granola bars, trail maps, etc.
- Problem solves owner and guest issues within authority level, direct to upper management for decisions.
- 50% of job is outdoors
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment with owner’s and guest’s
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must speak English -required
- Must be able to work Holidays & Weekends -required
- Previous ski/snowboard experience -preferred
- Previous guest service experience -preferred
- Must be on time and in uniform ready to work by 7:00am
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to carry skies/snowboards safely
- Must be able to work outside in winter conditions
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours at a time
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 126426
5 months ago