Work for Vail Resorts
Ski Valet - Neve Sports - FT & PT
Telluride, CO, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a Vail Resorts Ski Valet Associate you can take advantage of ski schedules, where you can work a morning, afternoon or split shift, merchandise discounts available across all our company stores, access to 3point5.com discounts, alternating free tune and demo coupons bi-weekly with paychecks, in store storage for your skis and snowboards, opportunity for development, and for the right person to progress into a career with Vail Resorts.
The role of the Ski Valet is to be responsible for receiving, tracking, transporting and storing guest personal and rental equipment, act as mountain-side concierge, and deliver a world-class guest experience.
Explain to guests how to operate rental equipment, safety practices and guest responsibility for the equipment during the rental including length of rental and return options
- Assist and greet guests in storage and retrieval of snow sports equipment
- Assist guests in taking ski and snowboard boots on and off
- Multi-task, with a strong attention to detail
- Operate ski valet storage system
- Offer guests local insight on mountain conditions, weather, ski trails, lift access points and dining options
- Deliver an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service at all times
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Answer phones courteously and professionally
- Call for additional assistance if a line develops to ensure proper guest satisfaction
- Education - HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Work Experience - No prior work experience required, experience in a retail environment or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- Computer Skill - Basic computer skills with ability to learn
- Language Skills - English Fluency
- Other Requirements - Excellent customer service skills, ability to handle multiple customers and projects at one time, ability to troubleshoot and elevate questions or concerns to management
- Preferred Skills - Average math skills and merchandising, Spanish Fluency
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Ski and snowboard pass to Telluride Ski Resort, for employees who work 30+ hours a week
- Ski and snowboard pass to Vail Resorts world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at Vail Resorts retail stores
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Auto, Home and Pet Insurance
- Excellent training and professional development
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans, for employees who have completed 750 hours of work
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan, for employees who have completed 750 hours of work
Our Telluride Retail team has been providing gear and guidance since 1972, catering to those drawn to America’s Best Ski Resort. Not only does our Telluride Retail team enjoy the amazing benefits of getting to work in Telluride, CO but as part of the larger Vail Resorts family – all of our employees receive access to Telluride & the resorts that Vail Resorts operates in CO. Work with people that take customer service to the next level and cater to gear-heads and fashionistas alike. Grow your career further than you could imagine being part of the Vail Resorts family – starting with Telluride. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 124001 ELJ
4 months ago