Work for Vail Resorts
Ski/Snowboard School - Non-Certified Instructors - Part Time
Afton Alps, MN, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Join the Afton Alps Ski and Snowboard School Team. We are hiring new and non-certified ski and snowboard instructors for the upcoming season.
If you have ever thought about being a ski or snowboard instructor, here's you chance to share your passion with others. For qualified candidates, we provide you with training in teaching techniques and help build your technical skills so that you can deliver great experiences to our guests.
As an Afton Alps Ski or Snowboard Instructor, you will provide quality ski/snowboard instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding all skier safety rules/regulations and Company guidelines.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Upholding the highest levels of guest safety on varied terrain with varying winter weather conditions.
- Clearly and accurately instructing assigned levels of skiing or snowboarding to students, both physically and verbally.
- Ensuring that students are matched to appropriate skier/snowboarding skill level and working with supervisors/managers to make appropriate changes when necessary.
- Assisting guests with transportation of equipment.
- Assisting guests to load and unload the chairlift.
- Communicating instructions and helping guests to their feet during a lesson; lifting children by the vest (if applicable).
- Supervising children in class at all times; assisting at lunch and snack times if requested; ensuring return of children to identified guardian.
- Assisting in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas, and cleanliness of facilities.
- Attend Ski and Snowboard School new hire training sessions- required.
- Strong intermediate skier or snowboarder - required.
- Must be 16 years of age as of December 1, 2016. - required
- Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and browser applications; basic internet navigation- required.
- Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken and written)- required.
- Must have excellent guest service skills- required.
- Must have excellent communication skills- required.
- Must work well in a team- required.
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in winter environment.- required.
- Must have sight, speech, and hearing abilities sufficient to learn skills, follow and provide directions- required.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays - required.
- Knowledge of local area/resort - preferred.
- Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring children (if applicable) - preferred.
- Epic Pass for unlimited skiing at Afton Alps and all Vail Resorts.
- Discounted Epic Passes for spouses and dependant family.
- Discounted fees for Ski and Snowboard School programs for the instructor and dependant family members.
- Free training and support for instructors seeking further skill development and certification.
- Discounts on food and accommodation at all Vail Resorts
- Discounts on summer golf at Afton Alps.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest’s premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 125431
Tourism - Travel
about 1 month ago