Work for Vail Resorts
Ski/Snowboard School Lift Buddy - Seasonal - Wilmot, WI
Wilmot, WI, US
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Share your passion! The Lift Buddy will have deep enthusiasm for the sport, allowing him/her to safely assist children aged 6 and under in properly loading, riding, and unloading of the chair lift. With a constant eye towards safety and a service mentality centered around fun, our Lift Buddies will build lasting relationships with our guests. While working with beginner skiers/riders, our team works to ignite the passion of the sport that our students can carry with them for a lifetime.
- Effectively and clearly communicate instructions on safe loading, riding, and unloading of chair lifts and assist children aged 6 and younger on riding lifts.
- Adhere to and instruct all students on The Responsibility Code, and uphold the highest levels of guest safety in varying winter weather conditions.
- Work with Lift Department employees in a collaborative manner to ensure the best guest experience.
- Be attentive to the needs of the guests and respond quickly and effectively to requests from Supervisors and Coordinators.
- Actively and effectively communicate with guests to explain programs, services, policies, schedules and rates.
- Assist in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas and cleanliness of facilities
- Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Strong intermediate skiing / snowboarding ability combined with the willingness and demonstrated aptitude to learn ski / snowboard instructing and work with guests of all ages.
- Must be able to complete required training upon hire
- Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, squatting and lifting up to 50lbs.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must have excellent guest service skills
- Must have excellent communication skills
Help create history at Wilmot Mountain as Vail Resorts bridges 75 years of skiing tradition with new state-of-the-art lifts, snowmaking, renovated lodges, and terrain parks, all while honoring the important legacy of the ski area. Be a part of the tremendous Wilmot Mountain brand recognized widely among Chicago and Milwaukee skiers and snowboarders, and also part of the Vail Resorts’ family that’s passionate about providing world-class experiences at every property. Wilmot Mountain truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Tourism - Travel
6 months ago